Saturday, September 5, 2015

St. Benedict



St. Benedict is a cute little town whose main attraction is St. Mary's Catholic Church. We wanted very much to go inside, but there was a wedding, so we couldn't. Fortunately, there are several websites that have pictures, including this onethis one, and this one. But maybe the best photos I found were on this flickr site!

Though we didn't get to go inside, we did look around the lovely grounds and cemetery. It was pretty well kept, though I noticed a cross had fallen off of (or been removed from) a 19th-century gravestone.

One fun thing about this one was that my selfie was lit from behind, which made me look a bit like a saint myself!

We'd like to come back sometime to see the beautiful inside of this historic church on the prairie.



No comments:

Post a Comment